Wisdom Teeth Removal
Wisdom of Your Teeth
IV Sedation Available
Free-Parking in Sydney CBD
Smile Concepts is dedicated in helping you ease the pain associated with wisdom teeth.
Reasons to Choose Us
For your convenience Prime Location in Sydney CBD & Five Dock
Free Parking on Site
Free Parking Facility in Sydney CBD For Your Convenience.
Located Above Town Hall Station, Sydney CBD
Dental Expertise Dental Experts with 20 Years Experience
Dr. Manish Shah & Dr. Kinnar Shah have extensive experience in providing dental implant surgery.
pay later. Get your treatment now & pay it off later
Claim From Health
Funds on the spot
Set up your Payment Plans at your appointment
Advanced Technology We offer the state-of-the-art technology
You will get a fully personalised approach to planning of your dream smile.
Be certain that you will get the best treatment & customer experience.
Be assured that our team of experts shall provide you with The Right Choices.
Our philosophy is a commitment to excellence in dental care & service.
“Quality is never an accident; it is the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.”
What is the need for Impacted Wisdom
- When an impacted wisdom tooth starts to push through the gums, an infection can start around the top of the tooth.
- Infection & inflammation can cause pain, swelling and jaw stiffness.
Damage to nearby molars
- Sacks of fluid called cysts can form around the tooth and may displace the tooth.
- The cysts can destroy bone and damage other teeth and gums. Damage to nearby molars.
- An impacted wisdom tooth may keep pushing against the molars next to it.
- This often leads to a serious damage to both teeth.
What causes impacted wisdom teeth pain?
When there is no space for the wisdom tooth to grow (because your jaw bone is smaller that normal), it gets trapped.
The wisdom tooth may just partially erupt therefore being stuck under the gum partially.
Food particles can collect under this ‘flap’ and starts to rot.
Bacteria that are collecting under the wisdom tooth flap then cause a major infection leading to swelling of the area and severe wisdom teeth pain.
Also the wisdom tooth that is opposing the one with the flap also hits on the flap that is swollen and causes trauma to the site causing further wisdom tooth pain.
Impacted wisdom teeth pain can also happen if there is an abscess (collection of pus) under the impacted wisdom tooth.
Cysts are another cause.
What is the Impacted Wisdom Teeth Removal Cost?
Generally the impacted wisdom teeth removal cost depends on the difficulty of removing them and starts from 300.00 per tooth upwards.
Here, at Smile Concepts, patients also have the opportunity to have their impacted wisdom teeth extracted under Sleep Dentistry (IV Sedation) or local anaesthetic, whatever you prefer.
If you choose to remove your wisdom teeth under IV sedation then there will be an extra sedation cost at our practice.
A specialist sedationist comes in and looks after the IV sedation aspect.
Care after impacted wisdom teeth removal in Sydney
We generally would ask you to come in for review in 2 weeks after the removal of impacted wisdom teeth.
Stitiches/sutures generally dissolve themselves, if not we will remove them for you.
It is very important to remember five rules:
- Take some pain killers after the procedure as per advised by us
- Use a mouthwash twice daily (warm salty mouth washes or commercial mouthwshes)
- Use cold packs over your cheeks for couple of hours after the surgery ON and OFF for 10mins
- Spit out any blood for the first 24 hours to prevent from recurring bleeding
- Smoke for the first 24 to 48 hours to promote better healing
What is Inhalation Sedation Dentistry?
Inhalation Sedation Dentistry is the most common sedation technique and is also known as ‘happy’ gas.
Inhalation sedation is a preferable option as patients recover quickly and may leave the dental office alone and immediately resume their normal daily activities.
What is Intravenous Conscious Sleep Dentistry?
Intravenous Conscious Sleep Dentistry is a safe sedation technique and though it is not as readily available as other forms of sedation, it is more effective than administering the same drugs orally.
Patients will not remember any of the procedure and will feel as though they were asleep, even though they were wide-awake throughout.
When the gentle dentist uses intravenous sedation, patients will need to be hooked up to monitoring devices to measure blood pressure, breathing, and heart rate.
Patients must have someone escort them when leaving the office after the procedure.
What are the complications of impacted wisdom tooth removal?
- pain (relieved with anti-inflammatories)
- swelling (relieved with anti-inflammatories and cold ice packs
- infection (generally treated with antibiotics)
- inability to open your mouth properly (resolves in a few days with anti-inflammatories)
- Bleeding (this is normally because you have been spitting blood continuously. The best way to stop it as to apply gauze in the area and bite on it for 30min.
All these last for a few days only and are treated with appropriate antibiotics and pain killers.
RARE complications include things such as:
- A dry socket (infection that is more common in smokers).
- Nerve bruising (this is most of the time a transient problem and very very rarely permanent).
- Oral antral communication (a hole that is created between the mouth and the sinus. This is very rare and easily treated as well.
- Fracture of the jaw (very rare)
Dr. Manish Shah is a cometic dentist with a special interest in porcelain veneers, dental implants and Invisalign. He is also a medical doctor with an expertise in sleep & craniofacial pain medicine practising at Smile Concepts.
Call Smile Concepts.
A smile can open doors and change lives.