Single Missing Tooth
DIGITAL GUIDED DENTAL IMPLANT PROCEDURE
Leading Dental Practice in the Heart of Sydney
Smile Concepts is dedicated in helping you create the smile of your dreams with Dental Implants.
We are here to help.
Best Rated Dentist in Sydney CBD
Before & Afters
Before & Afters
Yours Could Be The Next.
“Quality is never an accident; it is the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.”
What is involved in getting a Tooth Implant?
Generally, a scan of the area where
the tooth implant needs to be placed is done to see
if there is enough bone in the area.
- We take impressions /moulds of your teeth to make a temporary tooth.
- This is to make sure that you do not have a gappy smile.
- If it is a back tooth missing, then you will not need a temporary tooth
- You are put to sleep with IV sedation (sleep dentistry) and the tooth is removed, your gum is gently raised and a screw made of titanium is placed inside you jaw under local anaesthetic.
- The implant is buried inside the jaw for three months (requiring a second surgery to expose the implant).
- You have to then wait three months for the bone to grow around the tooth implant & grab hold of it (osseointegration).
- The next stage generally is to expose the implant and place a connector that allows the gums to heal around it.
- The final two stages are taking impressions for the connector and placing the crown on the front dental tooth implant.
If you have an existing tooth this may still have to be done to make sure there is enough bone. Sometime we do not need to take a scan.
All You Need to Know About Dental
If my tooth is removed will I be left with a gap?
You will never be left with an empty gap when it comes to replacing a front missing tooth.
The options that you can have based on our assessment would be
- a temporary tooth stuck to the adjacent teeth or
- a denture or
- place an immediate temporary crown
For teeth that are missing at the back, we generally don’t place temporary teeth.
However if you feel that you need a temporary tooth as it is still in your smile line, we are more than happy to make you a temporary tooth.
Will I need bone grafting?
In most cases of front dental tooth implant placement, there is an inevitable need for placement of extra bone.
This is because the bone structure is too thin in these areas.
As tooth implants needs adequate bone around them, we generally assess quite thoroughly how much bone is required from either scans or during surgery.
The augmentation can take place on the very same day as the implant placement or 3 months before the implant placement depending on the amount of bone needed.
In most occasions, bone grafting is not required during the placement of a back tooth dental implant.
However, on some occasions where the bone levels have significantly reduced that we may consider the placement of extra bone to bulk it up to place the dental implant in an optimal position.
How long will the whole tooth implant process take from start to end?
The total time from start to finish can take anywhere from 3 to 6 months depending on the complexity of the procedure.
How much does A Tooth Implant Cost in Sydney?
A dental tooth implant costs can start from as little as 4500.00.
Cost may vary depending on individual cases.
Costs vary based on the whether there is bone augmentation or gum augmentation procedure required, the need for temporary teeth and the need for extraction of an existing tooth.
Start Your Smile Journey
How long does a tooth implant last?
If looked after well, the dental implant can last from 10 to 20 years on average.
What are my treatment options?
When you have a missing tooth then there are a few options to consider:
- Tooth implant
- Dental bridge
- Do nothing
Tooth implants are stronger and more dependable than conventional bridges cemented to natural teeth, or traditional partial or full removable dentures.
However, tooth implants may be used to support a bridge or dentures when multiple teeth are missing to provide better support and stability, help maintain the jaw bone, and reduce gum tissue irritation.
Also, tooth implant restorations are not susceptible to cavities.
You might also want to Know About
Your Wellbeing is Our Priority.
Dr Kinnar Shah
Dr. Kinnar Shah is a cosmetic dentist with a special interest in cometic dentistry, porcelain veneers and dental implants practising at Smile Concepts.
Take The Step.
Call Smile Concepts.
A smile can open doors and change lives.
Town Hall Station.