Gummy Smile Sydney
SMILE WITH THE GOLDEN RATIO.
Leading Dental Practice in the Heart of Sydney
Smile Concepts is dedicated in helping you create the smile of your dreams.
We are here to help.
Best Rated Dentist in Sydney CBD
You Deserve A Perfect Smile.
Option 2: Gum Contouring
or Gum Lift
- Gum contouring is a minimally-invasive cosmetic procedure that involves reshaping or removing excess gum tissue with the use of laser technology.
- A laser is used in gum surgery to gently remove and seal excess gums without any bleeding, which means no cuts or incisions.
Reveal Your True Confidence.
Option 3: Orthognathic Surgery
- Orthognathic surgery is needed when jaws don’t meet correctly and/or teeth don’t seem to fit with jaws.
- This not only improves facial appearance, but also ensures that teeth meet correctly and function properly.
Option 4: Anti-wrinkle
- B.TOX is frequently used to minimise the appearance of a gummy smile.
- It can also be used to reduce excessive tilting and flaring of the nose that can occur as a person laughs or smiles.
What is a Gummy Smile?
gummy smile is when a large portion of a person’s gums are visible when they smile.
A gummy smile is a very common presentation and can result in a loss of self-confidence in many people.
Smile Concepts - Leading dental practice in the heart of Sydney.
We are specifically trained for looking after you care so
that you have the best experience.
Your Smile, Our Passion.
Why do I have a gummy smile?
There are 6 major causes of a gummy smile.
The causes of the a gummy smile are divided into two major groups
Cause 1: Face Related or Lip Related
- our upper lip is short or
- your upper jaw bone is longer than normal or
- your upper lip is too mobile (ie you can move it too easily)
Cause 2: Teeth & Gum Related
- your teeth are worn down and therefore your upper teeth have moved downwards. The gums therefore move down with the teeth. (The teeth in these cases look squarish in shape or short) or
- your teeth have erupted more than they should have bringing the gums down with them.
- Your gums have overgrown due to poor oral hygiene or mouth breathing
Witness the Difference.
Dr Manish Shah
BDS (Hons), MBBS, MMED (Sleep Med)
Dr. Manish Shah is a cometic dentist with a special interest in porcelain veneers, dental implants and Invisalign. He is also a medical doctor with an expertise in sleep & craniofacial pain medicine practising at Smile Concepts.
Take The Step.
Call Smile Concepts.
A smile can open doors and change lives.
Town Hall Station.