Porcelain Veneers and Crowns
- Straighten and modify shape, colour and size of you teeth with Porcelain Veneers
- Costs from 1200.00
- Highly experienced team to create the most natural and beautiful looking teeth. See Photos of work done by us
CALL US for a consultation.
Porcelain Veneers and Crowns
What are Porcelain Veneers??
Porcelain veneers and dental crowns can dramatically improve crooked, crowded, chipped and gappy smiles. (see smile gallery)
Veneers are thin, yet strong tooth-coloured porcelain shells that are bonded on to the front of your teeth. They have a "life like" appearance with the strength, beauty, and durability only porcelain restorations can create.
What are the advantages of Porcelain Veneers?
Veneers have several advantages over other methods used for the same purpose. There is no "dark line" that is sometimes seen with older front crowns. They transmit light better and, therefore, have a more translucent appearance, giving a very natural, aesthetic look. People will never know you have them.
Veneers could just be your solution to change the appearance of your smile dramatically!
Dental veneers fall into the category of cosmetic dentistry because they create a bright, white smile with beautifully aligned, shapely teeth. Even better, the translucent ceramic quality of today's veneers provides a more natural look than what’s been available in the past.
When do we do Porcelain Veneers?
Regardless of what causes unattractive teeth, dental veneers may solve most or even all of your cosmetic dental issues, including:
1. Worn enamel: Over time, the thin, hard white substance covering your teeth (enamel) may become worn, dulled, and discolored. Such wear and discoloration may be natural or the result of a genetic predisposition; however, it is often a result of your habits (soft drink, tea, or coffee consumption, smoking, medication use, etc).
2. Wear and tear: Teeth naturally wear down as people age. Aged teeth are more likely to have chips, cracks or a generally uneven appearance.
3. Genetics: Certain people may be born with abnormal spacing between the teeth that grows wider as they age.
4. Uneven teeth: Uneven teeth can result from tooth grinding or general wear and tear.
5. Crooked or misaligned teeth
6. Crowded teeth
7. Diastemas (spaces between the teeth)
8. Permanently stained or discoloured teeth
What are the different kinds of Porcelain Veneers?
1. No prep veneers.
These are when the teeth are not drilled/prepared/cut. Veneers are placed directly on top of your existing teeth. The veneers have are very thin.
When there is no drilling on the teeth beforehand, certain parts of the smile design process actually become more complicated, because the cosmetic dentist is confined to working with the shapes of the teeth the way they are.
Colour control, which is actually the area where general dentists have the most trouble when they attempt to do cosmetic dentistry, becomes more difficult when the porcelain veneer is thinner (doesn’t matter if it is a no prep veneer or a traditional prep veneer). Hue, chroma, translucency, color depth, brightness, and highlights, all need to be handled correctly for you to have a beautiful smile.
However, a couple of warnings are in order. If the teeth are not prepared before placing any type of porcelain veneers, the cosmetic dentist has much less latitude in creating a beautiful smile design.
The amount of grinding that takes place when preparing a tooth for traditional veneers is minimal, just so you know. It's in the range of tenths of a millimeter, one- to two-one-hundredths of an inch, about the thickness of a fingernail. However, sometimes more preparation may be required to get the right shape, size and colour of your smile
2. Prepared Teeth Veneers
These are done when your teeth are shaved a very tiny bit to give depth to the veneers As mentioned above the amount of grinding is very minimal unless you have very stained teeth or severely crooked teeth.
The colours and reality achieved are much more superior than no prep veneers
What are the cost of Porcelain Veneers?
Cost price of Porcelain Veneers start from 1500.00 per tooth.
We offer all the ranges above.
The differences in prices is due to
- the type of material used e.g. EMAX, Empress, Zirconium based, Lumineers, Glam Smile etc etc
- Who makes your veneers
- What level of cosmetics/aesthetics you want ie do you want them to look like real teeth or do you want them to make your teeth just straight and white.
What is the process of getting Porcelain Veneers?
The first visit – This is where we try to find out what you would like to achieve in you smile. We explain the other options as well. We take your records and moulds to plan what your new porcelain veneers are going to look like.
The second visit – We show you on a model what your porcelain veneers will look like. We can do all the changes on a model before we start actually commencing treatment in your mouth.
The third visit – We prepare your teeth to receive the Porcelain Veneers. Moulds are taken here and sent to our technician. You get temporary veneers so you can see what you original veneers would look like.
The fourth visit – Here we deliver the final veneers to you.
Maintenance of Your New Porcelain Veneers
The maintenance of your veneers is relatively simple. We do like to make a few suggestions, to help you:
1. Please brush and floss as you normally would to prevent oral hygiene problems. Once placed, Porcelain Veneers are typically the kindest restoration to the gum tissues that we currently have access to. Do not be afraid of damaging your veneers by either flossing or brushing. Any good toothpaste is acceptable. A good home care regime will ensure the aesthetic success of your veneer restorations for years to come.
2. Some sensitivity to hot and cold may be experienced after the placement of your veneers. This relates to the amount of enamel left on your tooth after preparation, the proximity of the nerve as well as several other factors. Some sensitivity is absolutely normal and usually dissipates after one-two weeks. If this sensitivity should remain or concern you at all, please feel free to contact us and we can advise of the best possible treatment.
3. A normal diet should pose no problem at all. Please avoid anything that will tend to bend or twist the veneers.
4. If you are known to grind your teeth or clench your jaw, please let us know. We may recommend and create a soft night time guard for you to wear to minimise the stresses placed upon your teeth while you sleep.
Approximately one to two weeks after the placement of your veneers you will be asked to return to the office for a treatment evaluation. This visit is extremely important. It gives us the opportunity to evaluate the placement of the veneers, the tissue response and to answer any questions you might have regarding your new smile.
If you would like more information on Cosmetic Dentistry, Smile Rejuvenation, Porcelain Veneers, Dental Crowns, Dental bridge, Dental Implants, Teeth Whitening, Dentist, please contact Smile Concepts directly by clicking here or ringing 02 9267 7777
Before & After