Why specifically choose us
- Knowing that orthodontic treatment can go over many months, giving the best patient experience is what we are very well known for. Our mission statement is - "CREATING A CLIENT EXPERIENCE...THAT IS SECOND TO NONE"
- You will get a fully PERSONALISED APPROACH to planning of your orthodontic treatment.
- Our CUSTOMER SERVICE has been regarded as one of the best as widely recognized by others.
- You can see from our practice/clinic photos that we are again one of the most IMMACULATE AND MODERN DENTAL PRACTICE in the city.
- We have an excellent HANDPICKED SUPPORT TEAM consisting of surgeons, sedationists, prosthetists, nurses and front desk staff.
- Our mission is a commitment to a CONSISTENT EXCELLENT SERVICE.
- We are one of the LARGEST PROVIDER of Dental Implants in NSW therefore can PASS ON SAVINGS TO YOU.
Orthodontics Metal Braces
Orthodontics is moving and straightening the teeth within the jaws, to level and align them.
This is usually done with
- Fixed orthodontics (clear ceramic braces, metal braces)
- Other aligner systems (Simpli5)
- Lingual Braces
- Myobrace (no braces)
- Functional Jaw orthopaedics
Why do I need metal braces?
Metal Braces are used to fix and prevent several problems including:
- Teeth Misalignment
- Speech Problems
- Gum Disease
- Jaw Disorders (TMJ)
- Spaced Teeth
- Crooked Teeth
An orthodontist or a dentist who does orthodontics places the appliances. They are typically acquired for cosmetic purposes, but people don’t realize they can help fix severe problems as well such as jaw joint pain and headaches.
How do orthodontics metal braces work?
Orthodontics braces are made up of two main parts: the orthodontic bracket and the wire. The arch wire is the thin metal wire that you see run across the teeth through each bracket. The metal braces are placed on the teeth and it is the wire that actually places forces on the teeth to move them.
Basically, it is the brackets that push the teeth into the desired position by the consistent pressure of the arch wire over a period time. It can take anywhere from several months to about 2 years before the teeth are completely moved into place.
What orthodontics metal braces is an option for me?
There are four main appliances we can use to move your teeth. The different types will all achieve the same result at the end but some work faster and some are more expensive.
It is your choice which ones to choose. The options include:
These are the most popular and cost the least. The are very efficient and the treatment results are amazing.
They are not as aesthetically pleasing as the others and like any other braces in Sydney the teeth are difficult to clean.
These braces are placed on the inner side of your teeth. They work pretty well though are very difficult to manipulate and take along time to get results. They are also the most expensive of the lot. Although they go unnoticed, it can be quite uncomfortable for your tongue.
This option is better that the pure metal braces as they are better looking. The brackets of these braces are the exact same colour as natural teeth, so it is less noticeable from afar. As they are made of ceramic they tend to dislodge from teeth easily and therefore makes it an inconvenience sometimes. They are lightly slower to work on straightening your teeth than metal braces.
This options is great for people who do not want others to know that they are wearing braces in Sydney. They will go unnoticed by your peers and can be removed at any time for convenience.
Invisalign braces are more comfortable than the other types as well. It is not recommended for patients with severe oral conditions.